Monday, January 19, 2009

Lenovo Goes Viral


I own a Lenovo T60p, and - long story short - I don't like it very much. The hard drive crashed twice and the motherboard burned out within the first year. Customer service eventually got it up and running after tons of time on the phone.

Now that I got that out of the way, take a look at this video.



I hate to say this, but it's a great video. Moreover, it's a great way to introduce a new product.

Unlike Microsoft deciding it needs to face down Apple with its "I'm a PC" campaign, Lenovo has a unique opportunity to throw some stones at one product, the Macbook Air. If the Macbook Air's main selling point it size, or lack thereof, then Lenovo tapped that need with this video.

Of course, the Air's selling point is probably not size. It's mainly the vanity Mac for Mac users. I'm sure there are consumers out there who buy it purely for size, but it's just one factor.

No comments: